Friday, December 9, 2011

Wormhole! is Active Again -- December 2011

Hello!  Yes, I am still here, although it has been a while since my last blog update.  Thank you for being patient.

I participated in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) in November.  I finished the NaNoWriMo goal of writing 50,000 words of a novel in 30 days.  I climbed to new heights of achievement.  I sank to new depths of whining.  I ended November 2011, with a new sense of accomplishment; a 55,000 word rough draft of the first half of my novel; and the discovery that I could not get my DVD player to properly function.

I did not watch any DVDs during November.  My DVD player had been acting wonky towards the end of October 2011.  When I discovered after NaNoWriMo that it was not working right, I did my usually maintenance routine to keep the DVD player going for a bit longer.  My routine is chanting, “Please keep working,” over and over, with the occasional expletive interjected at random.

Despite my efforts, the DVD player only produced audio, no visual.  During an intense, two minute research session on the web, I learned that bad cables could be the reason for sound, no picture.  I bought new cables.  Just in time to experience my DVD player's last gasp, with visuals thanks to the new cable.  The DVD player made crazy grinding sounds when I put a disc in it.  (Resident Evil: Extinction was the guinea pig. -- the disc I'd mourn the least if the DVD player chewed it up.)  It refused to recognize any disc.  I eventually scraped together enough pennies to get another DVD player.

The new DVD player despised my VCR.  I had to move the wires around, and hook the DVD player directly to the television.  Easy.  When done, I had no sound, nor picture, although the DVD player was merrily playing the disc, according to the cheerful message in blue LED lights on the front of the DVD player.  I eventually found the magic techno-button on the television that would allow the display of the DVD player’s output.  So, I’m now able to view Stargate episodes again.

I’m a full season behind in reviews.  What am I going to do?  Well, I am going to write reviews of all the episodes, including season four.  It will take me some time to catch up, but I will catch up.  Writing the reviews will not be an issue.  Heck, I just learned that I can write over 50,000 words in 30 days.  I can certainly write 22 reviews in a reasonable amount of time.  I think what will determine how long it takes me to catch up is Blogger.  Too many posts in a short period of time can get a blog flagged for spam, and then shut down until it is determined that the blog isn’t about spam.  I’ve already experienced the lack of joy that is discovering my blog is gone (for reasons that have never been explained to me), and then have it reappear once TPTB deemed it okay.  So, I will write reviews until I am caught up, but I’m chucking out any ideas about posting ten reviews in a day.

I truly appreciate your patience, and I thoroughly appreciate your sticking with Wormhole!

1 comment:

  1. I just got into the SG world due to recommendations from netflix. I love it

    ReplyDelete